Saturday, November 26, 2011

Craft with Kate card challenge

I've just realised why I don't blog very often, it takes so long to upload pictures to photobucket and then even longer to get them onto my blog :)

Ah well. I've been following create with Kate http://createwithkate.com/ ever since I met her at the Athlone craft extravaganza. Her shop was full of amazing things, and I wanted them all. She and Anne had some beautiful examples of their work and they were both so nice and helpful.

 Anyway she has a card challenge on at the moment. Now I haven't made any cards for quite a while, mainly because I have been dabbling in mixed media more and more and thats where my passion lies at the moment, but I can never resist a challenge! So I took the time today to make a white and red Christmas card and here's what I came up with.


Photobucket

I started off by stamping and embossing a sheet of vellum, attatched that to a white card base. Then used 1/2 a doilie, some white lace, and a Martha Stewart Punched lace edge. I found this vintage Santa image last year on the Pink Paislee blog and I loved it so much. So I mounted this onto some red/white paper, used the ticket also from the Pink Paislee blog, a white and red bow, then some old buttons I had, and that was it. Very simple and quite quick to do once I decided on the placement of everything.


Only another 50 more cards to make!!

No comments: